Asbestos Testing and Assessment
Get a Quote
Asbestos may be lurking in your home or workplace, posing potential risks, but our professional team is here to provide peace of mind through thorough testing and assessment services.
Our Commitment to Safety:
At Myers Asbestos Removal, we understand the importance of safeguarding your loved ones and colleagues from the hidden dangers of asbestos. With our accredited and experienced experts, you can trust that your property will be rigorously assessed and tested for asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) using the latest industry standards and protocols.
Why Choose Our Services:
1. Comprehensive Testing: We offer comprehensive asbestos (air & visual) testing services, from initial inspections to laboratory analysis. Our thorough approach ensures that no asbestos presence goes undetected.
2. Licensed Professionals: Our team comprises licensed asbestos assessors who are trained and certified by WorkSafe Victoria. They have the expertise needed to identify and evaluate asbestos risks accurately.
3. Accurate Results: We utilize state-of-the-art equipment and accredited laboratories to deliver precise results. You can rely on our assessments to make informed decisions about your property.
4. Regulatory Compliance: We strictly adhere to all Victorian and national regulations, including Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 and EPA guidelines, guaranteeing a legal and compliant process.
5. Customised Solutions: Every property is unique. We tailor our testing and assessment services to your specific needs, providing personalized solutions that address your concerns effectively.
Contact us to schedule a consultation. Our experts will discuss your requirements and assess the scope of the project.
Our team conducts a thorough inspection of your property, identifying potential ACMs (asbestos containing materials) and assessing their condition.
Sampling and Analysis
We carefully collect samples of suspected materials and send them to a NATA-certified lab for analysis. The results inform our further actions.
You will receive a detailed assessment report, outlining the findings and recommendations for asbestos management, if required.
Safe Removal & Disposal
If asbestos is detected and removal is necessary, we can connect you with licensed removal specialists who follow strict safety protocols and disposal guidelines.
Once the removal process is complete, we issue a Clearance Certificate, certifying that your property is safe and free from asbestos contamination.
Your Safety, Our Priority:
Choose Myers Asbestos Removal for professional Asbestos Testing and Assessment Services. Our commitment to safety, compliance, and accurate results ensures that you and your property are in capable hands. Don’t compromise on safety – contact us today for a safer, asbestos-free environment.
How it Works
1. Call Us for a Quote
2. We can come out and assess the property.
3. We provide you a quote and time frame.
4. On acceptance, we complete the work.
5. You Breathe Easier knowing your property is safe.
What is asbestos, and why is it a concern in Australia?
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that was widely used in construction and manufacturing in Australia until the 1980s. It became a concern because exposure to asbestos fibers can lead to serious health issues, including lung diseases like mesothelioma and asbestosis.
Where can asbestos be found in Australian homes?
Asbestos can be found in various parts of Australian homes built before the 1990s. Common locations include roofing, wall cladding, eaves, fences, and even in some floor tiles and insulation materials. It’s important to identify and manage asbestos-containing materials to prevent exposure.
How can I safely handle asbestos in my home?
It is strongly recommended that you do not attempt to handle asbestos materials yourself. Instead, hire a licensed asbestos removalist or assessor(like us!). They have the necessary training and equipment to safely manage and remove asbestos. DIY asbestos removal is illegal and hazardous.
Is asbestos still used in Australia today?
No, asbestos has been banned in Australia since 2003. However, some older buildings and homes may still contain asbestos materials. It’s crucial to be vigilant when renovating or working on older structures to ensure you don’t disturb asbestos-containing materials.
What should I do if I suspect asbestos in my home or workplace?
If you suspect the presence of asbestos in your home or workplace, it’s essential to have it assessed by a qualified asbestos professional. They can conduct tests and recommend appropriate management or removal strategies if necessary. Never disturb or attempt to remove asbestos materials on your own, as this can be extremely dangerous to your health.
Are there any regulations or guidelines regarding asbestos disposal in Australia?
Yes, there are strict regulations and guidelines in place for the safe disposal of asbestos in Australia. Asbestos waste must be double-bagged in thick, heavy-duty plastic and clearly labeled as asbestos waste. It should then be taken to a licensed asbestos disposal facility, where it will be disposed of properly and safely. It is illegal to dispose of asbestos in regular household waste bins or to dump it illegally, and those who do so can face severe penalties.